Lighten the Load Service Projects
Are you good with your hands, or do you enjoy physical labor? Our Lighten the Load group can use your skills or your strong back to assist those in need in our church and community. As needs arise, the group meets to demonstrate our Heavenly Father’s care in concrete ways through home repairs, painting, yard work, weed-eating, electrical work, and other projects. Let us know if you’d like your name to be added to the volunteer pool, and we’ll find a place for you! For more information, contact Pastor Kyle Weeks.
Ponte Palmero Bible Study and Praise
Help bring the word of God to the residents at the Ponte Palmero Retirement Village in Cameron Park each Monday with a Bible study and music. For more information, contact Marilyn Helsley
LWML (Lutheran Women’s Missionary League)
As Lutheran Women in mission, we joyfully proclaim Christ, support missions, and equip women to honor God by serving others. Our chapter at Light of the Hills participates in a number of activities, including:
- Supporting Missionary Melissa financially with a monthly pledge so that she can continue working to bring the Gospel to people in Ethiopia.
- Offering financial support to the Placerville Pregnancy Counseling Center and the Placerville Mother Theresa House for pregnant women in crisis.
- Crafting prayer shawls and sewing products to gift to those who are sick or otherwise in need and offer them encouragement.
- Crafting Chrismon (symbols of Christ) ornaments for our sanctuary Christmas tree and our families’ trees at homes. Along the way, participants will grow in their appreciation of Christmas as they learn about Scripture’s Messianic promises, fulfilled in Christ.
- Hosting baby showers for first-time mothers to support them and offer fellowship.
To learn more about the above activities, contact Jean Beason.
LWML Quilting Group
Enjoy quilting while serving the community! The LWML quilting group puts their skills to use by making quilts for our local pregnancy counseling center and for baptisms, as well as lap robes, adult bibs, and quilts for other community facilities. For more information, contact Connaught Lindberg.
Previous mission work has included trips to Mexico, Russia, Kenya, Guatemala and Alaska, as well as local witnessing opportunities. For more information or for training materials, contact Pastor Alan Sommer.